Saturday, June 9, 2014, 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Youth, adults, and seniors of all abilities welcome! Event is totally free!
Learn about fun options to start or increase your healthy lifestyle, from teachers and leaders in adaptive fitness and recreation.
What is this event all about?
Does “disability” and “exercise” seem incongruent to you?
Do you struggle with finding options for your body and your fitness needs?
Do you want to improve your health and find ways to have fun?
We will learn and have fun together! Activities and information will include:
- Yoga and Feldenkrais classes for all bodies
- Yoga for the Blind/Low Vision Community
- ASL Interpreted Zumba class open to everyone
- Physically Integrated Dance class
- Adaptive Cycling Demonstrations by BORP
- Resource tables on recreation, adventures, and accessible team sports
- Light refreshments
- Plus door prizes and raffles!
The Ed Roberts Campus is at Ashby BART, 3075 Adeline Street, Berkeley, CA 94703.
Fully accessible and scent-free space.
Alternative-to-print material and ASL interpreter available.
Pre-registration is not required for the day, but we would love to know how many people to expect, so please RSVP if you plan to attend!