Adaptive Cycling Program Assistant
BORP Adaptive Sports, Berkeley, CA
20 hours per week/$17.00 per hour
Tuesday: 12 – 7, Thursday 12 – 7, Saturday 9 – 4.
Occasional Special Events outside regular hours.
The Adaptive Cycling Program uses handcycles, adapted three-wheelers, tandems and standard bicycles to make cycling possible for people with disabilities. The program includes youth, adults, family members, friends and an active volunteer base. Most activities take place at the BORP Adaptive Sports Center in Berkeley.
The Program Assistant works with the Program Manager, other staff, and volunteers to make cycling accessible, safe, and fun for people with disabilities. The Assistant manages and leads all youth group rides throughout the season and multiple off site rides throughout the year.
- Lead cycling rides for people with disabilities.
- Help adult and youth participants get fitted and transfer to cycles.
- Ensure that trips are conducted safely and according to BORP policies.
- Assist with basic adjustment and maintenance of bikes.
- Enter attendance and participant information into BORP databases.
- Maintain Cycling Center as a clean, organized and welcoming environment
- Be a positive promotor of BORP Adaptive Sports in the community.
- Previous experience in recreation programs, preferably for youth or people with disabilities
- Passion for working with people with disabilities.
- Passion for cycling, outdoor recreation and inclusive sports.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must pass a criminal background check.
- Valid California Drivers License and insurance.
- Ability to move and load adaptive cycles (50 lbs.) into storage, trailers, etc.
- Athletes with disabilities encouraged to apply.
Seasonal Employment: Position open May 1 until filled. Position terminates 12/15/2017 with possibility for rehire March 1 depending on performance.
To apply email cover letter and resume to Cycling Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org