Health & Fitness Program Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Director
Hours: 16 hours/week
Organization and Program Descriptions
Bay Area Outreach & Recreation Program (BORP) is a leading provider of adaptive sports, fitness and recreation opportunities for people with physical disabilities and visual impairments. Our mission is to improve the health, independence, and social integration of individuals with physical disabilities through participation in sports, recreation and fitness/wellness activities. These activities provide a path to greater achievement and quality of life to which all people should have access.
BORP’s Health & Fitness Program provides a full menu of ongoing accessible fitness, health and movement classes at the Ed Roberts Campus (ERC) in Berkeley. The Center serves approximately 300 participants annually through a variety of classes such as adaptive yoga, dance, meditation, and tai chi.
The Health & Fitness Program Coordinator is responsible for the overall coordination of BORP’s Adaptive Fitness Program and maintaining the Fitness Center at the Ed Roberts Campus. We are looking for an outgoing, enthusiastic, and professional person to lead the program.
- Oversee a full menu of fitness and wellness classes that meet the needs, interests and range of ability levels of a diverse community of individuals with mobility and visual impairments.
- Determine and implement regular outreach activities to increase program participation;
- Publicize and coordinate monthly class schedule; utilize social media channels to publicize the activities at the Fitness Center;
- Prepare periodic program reports, activity updates and articles for the BORP newsletter and website;
- Recruit and supervise fitness instructors including providing orientation and training on the use of the MindBody registration system
- Maintain all participant and program records in the MindBody database;
- Maintain Fitness Center facility and program equipment and supply inventory;
- Oversee studio room rentals, class fee and scholarship structures, fee collection and tracking system.
- Represent the Health & Fitness Center and BORP at all times in a professional, courteous, and enthusiastic manner.
- Experience working with people with disabilities, seniors and diverse communities;
- Experience coordinating wellness and/or fitness programs;
- Demonstrated ability to build motivation and excitement around fitness programming and engage new participants;
- Strong logistics, organization and coordination skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office
- Comfortable working with database programs; experience with MindBody software is strongly preferred;
- BA Degree in a related field
- Current First Aid/CPR certification
TO APPLY: Please email a cover letter and resume to Rick Smith, Executive Director at email@example.com.
BORP is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply