CORPORATE TEAM OPPORTUNITIES
Join the Revolution and see what ability is all about!
For further details about differences between corporate teams and corporate sponsorship, read the information packet!
To get started on forming your Corporate Team contact BORP Executive Director, Rick Smith at 510-225-7030 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
A Revolution Ride Corporate Team is a great way to spend an inspiring day outside with colleagues, co-workers, and friends while supporting the unique adaptive sports and recreation programs BORP offers. A Corporate Team must be affiliated with a company or business. Business owners, company executives, employees, and their families and friends may join the team.
A Corporate Team must have at least three fundraising team members. Riding participants, Festival-ONLY guests and non-riding Virtual Participants may fundraise for a Corporate Team. Only team members who attend the event are eligible for prizes, however. All fundraising participants make a real difference in the lives of BORP athletes: people living with physical disabilities and visual impairments in the Bay Area.
Benefits of a Rev Corporate Team:
- Encourage team building and camaraderie among your employees
- Enhance corporate pride, employee retention and engagement
- Promote health and wellness within your organization
- Increase company visibility in the community
- Foster collaboration across departments
- Create opportunities for business networking internally and with other corporate teams
- Be inspired by a BORP athlete available to speak to your team at your place of business
- Opportunity to ride with a BORP athlete at the Rev
- Teams of 10 or more riders qualify their company’s logo to be featured on the official Revolution jersey (team must have 10 members by August 22)
Corporate Team Members will receive:
- A Rev t-shirt;
- a gourmet meal after the ride with complimentary wine and beer;
- a free massage after the ride from a professional massage therapist.
- $10 off an official Rev cycling jersey (requires separate discount code-ask your Captain for details);
- Plus, the top fundraising Corporate team and top individual Corporate Team fundraiser are eligible to win great prizes.
Companies can support their team in two ways:
Full Sponsorship: The company will pay 100% of the registration fees and the balance of the minimum fundraising requirement for each team member (see below for fundraising requirements
Logistical Support: With this option, employees will be responsible for their own fundraising, but the company can offer incentives to increase participation. Additionally, employers can support team recruitment efforts, underwrite team jerseys and other equipment, or offer to provide matching funds.
Fundraising minimums vary based on the size of the team. For comparison, non-Corporate team participants must raise a minimum of $400.
|No. of Corporate Riders||Fundraising Minimum|
|3-4||$375 per rider or $1,125 – $1,500 per team|
|5-7||$350 per rider or $1,750 – $2,450 per team|
|8-9||$325 per rider or $2,600 – $2,925 per team|
|10-14||$300 per rider or $3,000 – $4,200 per team|
|15-20||$285 per rider or $4,275 – $5,700 per team|
How to form a Revolution Corporate Team in Four Easy Steps
Step 1: Recruit a team captain. Selecting the right captain is the key to building a successful team.
The captain will:
• Spearhead recruitment
• Monitor fundraising
• Coordinate training and other team activities
Step 2: Contact the Revolution Team to obtain your unique Corporate Team Registration code.
Step 3: Create a team.
Step 4: Provide incentives to encourage employees to join the team.
Incentives might include:
• Additional vacation days
• Recognition in corporate communications
• Reserved parking spots
• An opportunity to ride with corporate leaders
• Branding the team with company jerseys, hats, water bottles, etc.
Team recruitment tips
• Work with HR/Community Relations to get publicity in company newsletter
• Hold an informational brown bag lunch
• Hold a new team rider registration party
• Ask team members to recruit at least one new rider
• Hold recruiting and fundraising competitions
• Display Rev collateral in central locations