Light! Color! Action! – Virtual Highly Descriptive Museum Tour
Virtual Highly Descriptive Museum Tour–Monday, February 13
For February (2/13), BORP will get a preview of the Sargent in Spain Exhibition by docents Amy Chu Finkel and Patricia Daniels in a tour titled Light! Color! Action! Sargent and Spain.
Below is a description and photo. (Note the Access Day for this exhibition is March 20)
Light! Color! Action!
John Singer Sargent was the leading American society portrait painter of his time. He was also a lifelong traveler, and wherever he went, he sketched and painted subjects that interested him. Sargent and Spain, a new exhibition of oil paintings, watercolors, drawings, and photographs at the de Young Museum, highlights Sargent’s deep interest in the people, the art and culture, dance and music of Spain. Join us as we explore Sargent’s masterful use of color and light to depict the movement of Spanish Roma dancers, and to compose informal portraits of friends and family who traveled with him.
- Docents from the Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco will share detailed descriptions and facts about artwork on a chosen theme. Virtual event.
- Reminder: these tours offer extremely detailed verbal descriptions of artworks; please join us if you are interested in that level of detail.
- Please contact Lori to confirm your spot by Monday, February 9
While we cannot completely eliminate the risks associated with COVID-19, we will follow the guidelines of local health departments and the City of Berkeley and take the necessary steps to minimize risk.
The following BORP COVID-19 guideline updates will remain in place until further notice for all individuals aged 5 years and older.
“Fully vaccinated” – Per the City of Berkeley, “fully vaccinated” is defined as 14 days after the Johnson & Johnson (Janssen) vaccine or 14 days after the second shot of the two-dose Moderna or Pfizer vaccines. BORP is also requiring that staff, participants and volunteers have received their booster if it has been more than five months since their second dose of Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, or more than two months after the Johnson & Johnson (Janssen) vaccine.
Adventures & Outings
All participants, their families, volunteers, and staff will be asked to be fully vaccinated and boosted, and wear a mask for both indoor and outdoor activities due to the nature of the activities.
Masks: Participants, their families, volunteers, and staff are required to wear an N95 or comparable mask (KN95, KF94), or be double-masked for all indoor activities.
If you have a fever, don’t feel well, or have any other symptoms, please stay home.
*Proof of Vaccination as outlined in the order by the City of Berkeley revised on February 7, 2022, shall include only the following documentation indicating that a person is vaccinated for COVID-19. BORP is not equipped to read QR codes at this time:
- A Vaccination Card issued by the CDC or a foreign governmental jurisdiction which includes the name of the person vaccinated, the type of vaccine provided, and the date(s) the dose or doses were administered;
- A photo or copy of a Vaccination Card either as a hardcopy or stored on a phone or electronic device; or
- Documentation of vaccination from a healthcare provider; or
- A personal digital COVID-19 vaccine record issued by the State of California and available by going to https://myvaccinerecord.cdph.ca.gov/or similar documentation issued by another state, local, or foreign governmental jurisdiction.
*Please register by taking the following steps*:
- Contact me Lori Gray, Outing coordinator, by phone at 510-843-4398 after 10am please. You can also email; however, I will most likely need to reply via telephone so be sure to include your phone number.
- After you’ve gotten the information about an outing then please reserve your spot.
- Unless otherwise specified payment for outings will be due on the day of the outing.
- Cash is preferred. If you need to pay via check, please let me know in advance. I am unable to process credit cards at this time.
- At this time, we currently have two buses, space is limited, and we will not be socially distancing on the bus. Everyone must wear a mask and be fully vaccinated. We will need to ride with the windows open so please dress in layers.
- If you prefer, you can transport yourself and meet us at the location of the outing.
- We are currently offering a hybrid of both virtual and limited in person outings. Due to the fact that we will be going to public places, everyone will need to remain masked unless eating or drinking. If you are exhibiting symptoms, please DO NOT attend.
- The new BORP participant form that can be filled out online. It is for the most part screen reader friendly. Please note at the bottom there’s a link that you have to click on to get to the waivers; you can sign both of them theoretically. The liability waiver is definitely doable. There’s a way to click and then print your name or type your name. The publicity waiver seems to be tricky. Please be sure to check all programs you participate in including A and O which stands for Adventures and Outings. Please note, if you’ve already done this form since July 1st you do not have to do it again. However if you do it again it feeds right into our database and then you guys are definitely in there.
Please let me know once you’ve done it and if you have any problems.