All participants must have a participant registration form and waiver on file with BORP.
- This event has passed.
In-Person Indoor Rock-Climbing at Pacific Pipe in Oakland
September 25, 2022 @ 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm$10
Currently we are partnering with, “Paracliffhangers.” They currently offer a weekly Friday night climb at, Berkeley Iron Works. Since this time does not work for a majority of our BORP climbers, they are offering a Sunday afternoon climb at a new TouchStone climbing gym called Pacific Pipe Works in Oakland, on the 4th Sunday of the month from 12 p.m. to 3 p.m. Program fee is $10. Waiver for Touchstone required. Check with me to see if we will be able to provide transportation. Please let me know if you are interested by Saturday, September 17th.
Adventure and Outings (A and O)
While we cannot completely eliminate the risks associated with COVID-19, we will follow the guidelines of local health departments and the City of Berkeley and take the necessary steps to minimize risk.
The following BORP COVID-19 guideline updates will remain in place until further notice for all individuals aged 5 years and older.
“Fully vaccinated” – Per the City of Berkeley, “fully vaccinated” is defined as 14 days after the Johnson & Johnson (Janssen) vaccine or 14 days after the second shot of the two-dose Moderna or Pfizer vaccines. BORP is also requiring that staff, participants and volunteers have received their booster if it has been more than five months since their second dose of Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, or more than two months after the Johnson & Johnson (Janssen) vaccine.
Adventures & Outings
Participants, their families, volunteers, and staff will be asked to be fully vaccinated and wear a mask for both indoor and outdoor activities due to the nature of the activities.
Masks: Participants, their families, volunteers, and staff are required to wear an N95 or comparable mask (KN95, KF94), or be double-masked for all indoor activities.
If you have a fever, don’t feel well, or have any other symptoms, please stay home.
*Proof of Vaccination as outlined in the order by the City of Berkeley revised on February 7, 2022, shall include only the following documentation indicating that a person is vaccinated for COVID-19. BORP is not equipped to read QR codes at this time:
a. A Vaccination Card issued by the CDC or a foreign governmental jurisdiction which includes the name of the person vaccinated, the type of vaccine provided, and the date(s) the dose or doses were administered;
b. A photo or copy of a Vaccination Card either as a hardcopy or stored on a phone or electronic device; or
c. Documentation of vaccination from a healthcare provider; or
d. A personal digital COVID-19 vaccine record issued by the State of California and available by going to https://myvaccinerecord.cdph.ca.gov/ or similar documentation issued by another state, local, or foreign governmental jurisdiction.
Please register by taking the following steps:
- Contact me Lori Gray, Outing coordinator, by phone at 510-843-4398 after 10am please. You can also email; however, I will most likely need to reply via telephone so be sure to include your phone number.
- After you’ve gotten the information about an outing then please reserve your spot.
- Unless otherwise specified payment for outings will be due on the day of the outing.
- Cash is preferred. If you need to pay via check, please let me know in advance. I am unable to process credit cards at this time.
- At this time, we currently have one bus, space is limited, and we will not be socially distancing on the bus. Everyone must wear a mask and be fully vaccinated. We will need to ride with the windows open so please dress in layers.
- If you prefer, you can transport yourself and meet us at the location of the outing.
- We are currently offering a hybrid of both virtual and limited in person outings. Due to the fact that we will be going to public places, everyone will need to remain masked unless eating or drinking. If you are exhibiting symptoms, please DO NOT attend
We will need volunteers for all in person outings.