All participants must have a participant registration form and waiver on file with BORP.
Sign up today for the 21st annual Revolution Ride, Roll & Stroll, BORP’s biggest fundraiser of the year! With both in-person and virtual options, everyone can participate.
- This event has passed.
“Lives of the Ancients”Virtual Highly Descriptive Museum Tour Fine Arts Museum of San Francisco
December 12, 2022
Monday, December 12th Virtual Highly Descriptive Museum Tour Fine Arts Museum of San Francisco Tour Topic: Lives of the Ancients
Docents: Patricia Daniels and Amy Chu Finkel
Our theme for December is Lives of the Ancients. For the ancient people of Egypt, Greece, and Italy, life included death and the afterlife. The stories that are told in their art have their own lives that continue to reverberate over time, beyond the objects themselves and their makers. An Egyptian wall painting will tell us what was important to take to the afterworld. A Cycladic sculpture almost 5,000 years old continues to influence artists today. A version of one of the most famous ancient Roman sculptures is a family story of a father and two sons. A Renaissance Italian ruler is portrayed in marble as a Roman emperor. Join us as we explore these timeless stories.
Docents from the Museum will share detailed descriptions and facts about artwork on a chosen theme. Please confirm your spot by Sunday, December 9th at noon.
Please register by taking the following steps:
- Contact me Lori Gray, Outing coordinator, by phone at 510-843-4398 after 10am please. You can also email; however, I will most likely need to reply via telephone so be sure to include your phone number.
- After you’ve gotten the information about an outing then please reserve your spot.
- Unless otherwise specified payment for outings will be due on the day of the outing.
- Cash is preferred. If you need to pay via check, please let me know in advance. I am unable to process credit cards at this time.
- At this time, we currently have one bus, space is limited, and we will not be socially distancing on the bus. Everyone must wear a mask and be fully vaccinated. We will need to ride with the windows open so please dress in layers.
- If you prefer, you can transport yourself and meet us at the location of the outing.
- We are currently offering a hybrid of both virtual and limited in person outings. Due to the fact that we will be going to public places, everyone will need to remain masked unless eating or drinking. If you are exhibiting symptoms, please DO NOT attend