Why We Ride
The Revolution is a day of cycling and fun for people of all ability levels and everyone who participates enjoys a wonderful day of celebration with gourmet food, a pampering massage, fine wine and beer, and great company in the gorgeous Sonoma wine country. However, the purpose of the Revolution is to raise funds to support athletes with physical disabilities and to help BORP further its mission in fostering the health, independence and social integration of people with physical disabilities and visual impairments through sports and recreation. The Revolution is BORP’s most important fundraising event of the year and provides critical funding for our programs.
The best fundraising tip is simply to be optimistic and excited. People will respond to your passion and energy. Most of the time, simply sending a couple of emails is all it takes! With enthusiasm and a plan, raising $400 or more can be easy. Click here to download the 2019 Revolution Fundraising Toolkit.
Download and use the following images to share on social media:
Download the images below to use in your email signature:
Sample Posts for Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram:
Tip: Remember, adding pictures will make any social media post more engaging. You can download the images we provided above or take your own pictures from your training rides or previous Revolution rides you’ve participated in and upload those with the posts, below.
- I’m cycling in the Revolution to support sports & recreation programs for children & adults with disabilities. Help me reach my fundraising goal of $[your goal]. Please donate at [your personal fundraising url].
- On September 21, I’m cycling [insert miles] in support of BORP, a Bay Area nonprofit that provides life-changing sports and recreation programs for people with disabilities. Donate on my personal fundraising page [your personal fundraising url] and help me change lives!
- Everyone deserves the opportunity to play sports, go cycling and explore the outdoors! BORP provides kids & adults with disabilities with those opportunities. Help me reach my goal of [your goal] to support BORP. Please make a donation to my personal fundraising page at: [your personal fundraising url].
- Kids and adults with disabilities deserve access to sports and recreation. That’s why I’m riding in the Revolution to raise money for BORP. Help me reach my goal of $[your goal]. Please donate to my fundraising page [your personal fundraising url].
- Thank you to everyone who shared my BORP Revolution fundraising page so far! If you haven’t donated yet, please donate to get me closer to my goal. No donation is too small! [your personal fundraising url]
- I’ve hit [insert percent of goal] of my goal in just [insert how many days to ride] thanks to your support! Please continue to share my Revolution fundraising page with your network to keep up the momentum! [your personal fundraising url]
- The BORP Revolution brings people of all abilities together to raise money that supports sports & recreation programs for people with disabilities. I’m thrilled to participate! You can help by donating on my personal fundraising page [your personal fundraising url]. Any amount helps.
- I’m $[amount to go to reach your goal] away from my fundraising goal of $[goal] to support BORP’s sports and recreation programs for people with disabilities. Please help me get there by making a donation to my personal fundraising page at [your personal fundraising url]. THANK YOU to everyone who has donated already! It means the world to me!