COVID 19 Guidelines
Updated January 17, 2023
While BORP cannot completely eliminate the risks associated with COVID-19, we will follow the guidelines of local health departments and the City of Berkeley and take the necessary steps to minimize risk.
BORP strongly recommends that everyone stay fully vaccinated and up to date with boosters against Covid-19. Vaccines protect against severe illness. Some of our programs may require proof of vaccination in order to participate; the Adventures & Outings program currently requires proof of vaccination as well as masking. Please see below for specific program requirements.
Masks are still the best tool we have to protect ourselves and those around us from Covid-19 and other common respiratory illnesses. If you have a fever, don’t feel well, or have Covid 19 symptoms, please do not attend in-person BORP activities.
Well fitting surgical, N95, KN95, or KF94 face masks are required for participation in/at:
- Adaptive Cycling Center (cycling, kayaking)
- Adventures & Outings events (proof of vaccination also required; see below for details)
- Fitness Center (and in the Ed Roberts Center in general)
- While riding in a BORP transportation vehicle
Team sports include adult/youth: wheelchair basketball, goalball, wheelchair rugby, power soccer, and sled hockey.
- Masking and vaccination are not currently required for participation in our team sports activities.
- Some game locations and/or tournaments may require masking and/or vaccination to participate. If and when that is the case, the BORP coaching staff will inform players ahead of time.
All people participating in an A&O event must follow the below Covid 19 related requirements. This includes all individuals aged 5 years and older: staff, participants, volunteers, and friends/family members joining the outing.
- Proof of vaccination and masking is required of all people participating in in-person A&O activities.
- Vaccination record showing proof of full vaccination against Covid 19: vaccination card (original or copy/photo), healthcare documentation, and State of CA personal digital COVID-19 vaccine record are all accepted forms of proof. Vaccination proof should include your name and match your ID.
- Well fitting surgical, N95, KN95, or KF94 face masks are required during A&O outings, with the exception of times when people are actively eating or drinking.
- If you have a fever, don’t feel well, or have Covid 19 symptoms, please do not attend in-person BORP activities.